Thursday, March 31, 2011

RTH – Update – Finished…For Now.

We have added a few accessories, bought a few rugs and a few old tables. We still have nothing on the walls, and that is where we hope to tie in some of the color that is in the couches, chair and rugs. But for now we are done with this room. Here are some pictures of the finished product:
The lamps are new, we found the set of three at Lowe’s. The end tables we found at a couple of antique shops one was The Company Store in Negley, Ohio and the other was Wagon Wheel Antiques in Valencia. Both tables need some tlc and as I have some time I will probably refinish them.

Here is the coffee table we found at General Store over in Wexford. The top is in great shape, I may paint the legs with the oil rubbed bronze finish we like.

Above is the third lamp of the set and a table that my wife was handed down from her grandmother. My dad refinished it several year ago. When I refinish the other tables this is the color we will try to match.

Above is another table we found in Beaver Falls in the Antique Emporium. What I love about all of these tables is none of them were real expensive but have good bones, will look fantastic with a little work and will last us a lifetime.

Above is a shot of the rugs we picked up.

I found this candelabra in a Thrift Store and thought it may work to decorate the fireplace, now we just need to find some candles, that will be Brenda’s deal.
Now onto the next phase.

 The stair way had these cracks in the corners of the plaster, but it looked like it was drywall tape lifting underneath. This did not make any sense since they are all plaster walls. Well above is what I found. It appears there were originally cracks in the plaster and someone tried to repair them by taping and mudding over them. Unfortunately they did it wrong. Let me say, that I am no pro. To my knowledge you are supposed to mud, tape and then mud over the tape, then sand, then mud and repeat until you get the desired surface transition. I know this because I had to repair almost all of the corners in the living room and dining room. What I found under the tape was no mud, just broken plaster. I am also patching some other random cracks in the plaster.

I don’t like being in construction mode again, but this project should not take near as long or be near as complicated. So here are some shots of my progress.

For those of you following me on twitter or on facebook you saw the picture of my measuring tape sealed up behind the plastic on the window sill, I got it out...

Thanks for visiting and checking out our progress.
Have a blessed week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment